Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Bella Bijela 2 Balks

BB2 Bakica was running well when I picked her up from Mate.  I noticed he had re installed the radio which I had removed two years ago cuz it drained my battery.    Well,  I will watch it, I thought.   But I was busy or forgot or something,  so when I went to start it two days ago it was stone dead.   Argh.  So I bought a wrench and removed the car battery.  Then I  lugged it sweating and cursing up the hill outside town to the local auto shop.  Mechanic checked it out and said, 'Well, I dunno, it might be ruined.'  I left it charging all day to return the next for the good news. It turned out to be okay and got recharged.   Once again the local shop charged nothing for the service.   Hey, things were going my way!   After I carried it back to car,  I discovered that I couldn't get the hood open.  The latch just wouldn't budge.   And as I pulled and tugged the cable handle that Mate had juried rigged broke off in my hand.  Cursing, I poked about half-heartedly in the front of the car and just when I had almost lost heart, by god, it popped open.   Great!  I re installed the battery, hopped into the drivers seat, turned the key, and the car wouldn't start. It ground and ground but wouldnt fire.  So I looked in trunk for starter fluid (which I discovered I didnt have) and the trunk lid fell on my head. As I reeled from this, the force of the trunk falling knocked my license plate from its holder and it clattered to the pavement.   I looked to see if any of the regulars at the Models bar were watching, then slunk away to leave it for the next day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a story!

John said...

The next day she fired right up without problem. I drove her inland to buy a new license plate holder. Oh yes, and put a stick in the trunk to hold it open when necessary.

John said...

Oh, and I ripped that radio out!

Anonymous said...

I loved the story but somehow I felt like it was just another day in the life of johnny fix it.

Charles