Friday, September 10, 2010

Waiting for the Cello Player

The sunset was playing and dancing

Across the streaked orange sky

Over Bellingham bay

 

I was walking inside the Music

Theatre at school

Down the hallway

I heard a radio blaring the

Most incredible sound of music

I had ever heard

 

The sound filled up the space around

Me and It swirled around my shoulders

And spun my head around

The hallway was crowded with chords

And notes and intensity and

What was being played?

 

I wanted to listen to this music

Forever and as I got

Closer I could tell it was Bach

But this was a furious Bach

 

This sound was like the sound of the

City around us crashing about with

Intellectual fury

Machinations beyond belief

And all the while it was only as

Large as one man can think

 

It was Glenn Gould playing Bach's

Variations and I had to have that

Music I needed to know what made

Gould play this music this way

 

For that moment I had found the

Meaning of it all

The meaning for what we live

A chance to know the other world

A mystical moment in this short life

And then it was gone

The radio show was over and the hallway

Grew dark while I waited for the cello player

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great title, huh? "Waiting for the Cello Player."

And then it was gone.

Anonymous said...

the cello player was
pretty and well
put together
she liked to have fun
but alas in the
end she went crazy

charles