Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dateline Milna: Autumnal Equinox 2010 and Trivia

Perfect balance of light and dark, life and death. And a full moon. I
have purchased a memory candle and will light it tonight after writing
down the names of all family members who are gone. (I am also supposed
to go for a swim today - a small ritual - but maybe that won't happen. . .)

Lovely weather, 64 in the morning, 79 in the afternoon, blue sky.

Took soil for my newly enlarged garden from an Englishwoman's plot of
land behind my house. Six wheelbarrows so far. That may be all. The
neighbors back there watched me pretty closely. I hear she's due to
show up in Milna in a few days and I'll have to confess. Still waiting
for 8 bags of potting soil from the hardware store to mix in before I
replant anything.

Some photos attached. Several of Slavko putting stone facing on his
house in Milna, just down a couple of streets from us; one of Stipe, our
local recycling engineer who was joking with Slavko about me taking his
picture, so I took one of him too; and one of a 'singing sea captain'
Julia and I saw in Trogir. Sometimes I can see myself and sometimes
Charles in him. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the resemblance must be in the striped shirt
the singing sea captain has
on because I would never
wear those shoes