Wednesday, July 28, 2010

what did you do this weekend

it's hot again the sun is out

And the pavement is hot

At least it has been pouring rain

For the last two days so we aren't being

Scorched at least for now

 

I wrote a story about coming of age

In the Okanogan and of course I thought

It was so great and perfect and then

I read it back later and it seemed hideous

And was in serious need of editing

 

Then I look at it this morning and decided

It was perfect.  It was exactly what I was

Thinking about at that moment.

 

I told Melanie about my day dream the other

Day about recording "I want to be Bobbi's Girl"

And have it performed by a gay punk band and

It would make us a lot of money fast and

Melanie looked at me and said that I had too

Much time on my hands.

 

I have just started to read a book about ancient civilaztions

And their stone monuments and how they dealt with

Death.  The Azstecs seemed to have taken a very

Odd turn in the history of man on earth.

More of that to come some time later.

 

On Saturday I took three baths and stretched all day

Long.  I did Pilates sat in the sun and listened to Saturday

Afternoon on the CBC Radio broadcsting from Toronto.

 

Where do I live?  God I know Kentucky is around here somewhere.

Went to the gym and worked out and swam.  The gym was nearly

Empty except for me and a few Greek businessmen.

 

I came home called my sweetheart Melanie on my new cell phone

Number  charge to the work place phone that I got today in

Ann Arbor and then I found the next great gift to myself a book called the

Music of Phythagoras and as soon as I get smarter again I'm

Going to read it.

 

What Did you do this weekend?

 

1 comment:

jrh said...

I think you are on the money with I wanna be Bobbi s girl . . . brilliant!

Smoke some bluegrass for me.