Friday, July 09, 2010

The Claw

So I head down to the farm at 6:30 a.m. to avoid the heat and get the arena primed so Juan can paint it tomorrow and run into town for 10 gallons of red barn paint, drink some chilled tonic, and am feeling pretty good about myself and the morning when I get home at noon to find this in my front yard and the neighbor chewing away at his land - clear cutting the trees - like his life depended on it, as they say.

Well, the upside is that we'll get lots more sun and maybe dry out some of the mossy ground, and also hey!  I planted those three evergreens 20 years ago foreseeing this day come, and are they glorious now or what?

2 comments:

JRH said...

Still I already miss those big alders that 20 years ago the mathematician and Gurdjieff scholar, my friend Guiseppe, leaned back picking my big Martin dreadnought and smooth on jizzoint, called kindly and gentle.

Anonymous said...

poor trees and you, at least Julia was not there to see it happen.
Hope that she is doing ok and you too.