Sunday, April 18, 2010

Saturday Night

Well, I tried to be "Our Man at the Edison Eye" this year, since Chaz is back East, but I got there a little late.  In time, however, to hear two sets of a three-piece jazz ensemble playing right in front of the smoked salmon, and two new paintings by Christine Wardenberg-Skinner, which I thought were really nice.  Several smaller Brock's painted so people could afford them (about $900. ea.) and one large one in a style reminding me of his earlier paintings of 'light in Edison' days.  Talked a little to Toni Ann who is now signing her paintings with her Croatian maiden name -- she said she got to make all the placards so the Baron didn't see what she was up to.  (Also -- pay attention, Chaz -- the Baron wants to talk to Chaz about hanging a piece in the June show.  Send him you 'phone number or give him a call.)  Still the place was hopping.

After the show, Julia and I stopped for a bit at the Bayview Community Center, where the Skagit-Anacortes folk dance group was dancing away to the music of the Balkan Cabaret with (Julia's friend) Mary Shearhart.  Julia danced and I smoked cigars in the doorway.

1 comment:

Charles said...

I don't show unless dbrute shows

i love all the flags at the balkan gathering