Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tile Preparation

I chisel away with my 1/2"chisel, leveling all the old concrete in
preparation for tile laying. Julia says I need a bigger tool. Funny,
that's what all the spam I get everyday says too.

Anyway, I whack the chisel a couple of times. H-m-m-m-. Maybe a little
music would help. I put on Indexi, an old Yugoslav (Sarajevo) rock
band. Not bad. I hit it again. Huh, I think I need a little coffee.
Back again. Hit it. Don't I have a cigar stub somewhere? Yeah. Good
smoke. Hit it again. Where are Charles, Tim, Eliot, Spencer when i
REALLY need them? Hit it. I text a message to Almir, telling him how
much I really enjoy Indexi. Get a reply, and have to reply to him.
This is slow work. A couple of whacks. Hey, what's that dripping down
my chest? Sweat, by god. Better take it easy. i think I'll take a
picture of me working so hard. Take a drink of water. Jeeze this is
boring. Its getting hotter. Maybe I should finish tomorrow?

The things we don't do . . . tile floors, pack suitcases, sell shoes,
run projects . . . when all we really want to be doing is sailing the
Mediterranean with a fair breeze at our backs and some wine, olives,
figs and cheese in the larder . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will be there as soon as i reach deliverance.

charles

Anonymous said...

All God's chillun got shoes . . .