Monday, July 13, 2009

Helen Visits Amir

Hey Julia,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. We have been going,
going, going. And I didn't want to write you until I had pictures from
my lovely visit with Amir and his girlfriend Inela loaded onto my
computer since I know you would love to see them. They seem like a
really cute match. They met at his work where she was an intern. We
were able to meet up with them a few times for coffee (because that is
what Bosnians do!) and they took us through the center of the city and
pointed out the highlights. Inela is very sweet and funny. We liked
her very much and it was great to catch up with Amir. He seems to be
doing very well. It is funny to see him as a man instead of as the
scrawny goofy boy I remember from high school. =)

We did absolutely adore Bosnia. We found Sarajevo to be very nice and
definitely a fun place to people watch and I ate the best panna cotta
of my life at one of their little open-air sidewalk cafes. Out only
complaint is that everywhere you go people are chain-smoking and
neither of us have much tolerance for that. But we were also able to
head down to Mostar for several days and we loved it there as well.
The Stari Most is extraordinary. We even took a morning to hike way up
to the huge cross that overlooks the town. . .

Helen Hollister has been travelling the globe. You can read her blog at:
www.unrulyredhead.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that Amir seems to be occupied.

dbrute said...

aint it just like the way things go?