Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sno Mo? Sho'!

I feel as if I have been soundly cudgeled over every inch of my body! I can hardly stand! I went snow mobiling yesterday with Eliot on his 2 new Polaris 440 cc machines. Up past Snoqualmie, back in the forested mountains (at a snowmobile park). A beautiful, beautiful sunny day, panoramic views of alpine valleys, Kachess lake, and sheer rock mountains. 20 degrees F. No one else around. I managed to tip my snowmobile on its side one time, fall off and hit my knee one time, run over two evergreen tree tops buried in the snow, and stall 3/4 way up a steep hill side. Oh. And throw my back out once! (These things weigh 450 lbs. each and when they dig themselves into the snow, or get stuck crosswise on the side of a hill, it is a daunting task to make things right.) Today, I can't move. This didn't help my carbon karma (sorry), but it was a kick. Reminded me a little of my motorcycle days. Thanks Eliot!! (Be careful on those things. Wear a helmet.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sure hope that you are okay today.
Ridden on snow mobiles and they can come in handy at times, but sure dissed them when I was a cross country skier, all that racket in the
quiet woods.

Anonymous said...

like son
like father