Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Coming Up for Air: MS was all a dream

So after five or six 16+ hour workdays of intense communion with 2 laptops and one desktop PC, I am now a Linux man (Ubuntu -- Kubuntu, actually, latest release "Gutsy Gibbon"). It's a good thing I took that Unix class 20 years ago and then spent those early PC evenings deep in DOS! That command line was quite a shock. At one point, I had all three computers unable to boot. (I think that was at 4:30 a.m. a couple of days ago.)
I tried several packages, including Damn Small Linux on a laptop, as well as Mephsis, Knoppix, Freespire, etc. I was trying to dual load Windows and Linux, but then Windows stopped working. Finally, yesterday evening, I said enough's enough (or something like that) and put all my Micros**t stuff to rest forever. RIP. (:-)
Anyway, D'Soup has suffered a bit, but things should get back to running o.k. real soon now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah to be a geek... too hard on my brain and why all the bother?

Yes, tell us why brave and intrepid blog master why oh why have we gone Linux?

Anonymous said...

Anticipating Spring!

Anonymous said...

thanks for keeping the blog alive