Saturday, January 12, 2008

Family Gastevski Says: Some Day

A wonderful note today on an old article I wrote:

"I thoroughly enjoyed reading your article regarding your home purchase in Milna, Brac. The steps you described at the roman colonnade were the very same ones I used as a child carrying home loaves of bread. I left Milna at 5 years of age with my family. Ever since then I have lived in Perth, West Australia. I visited Croatia briefly 12 years ago and again last year. Both times it was as if time had stood still and I had never been away. It's one thing for a croatian to love Croatia but quite another for an American to recognize those very same qualities.Your article moved me deeply.
As it is our old family home cannot be too far from yours! . . . Perhaps one day we will meet on the riva!
All the best to you and your family for a prosperous and happy new year.
Katiya"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very moving. how did you find john's article on buying his home in croatia?