Saturday, March 19, 2016

Charles's Good Friend JP Woodcock Writes: Trouble in Candy Land

Trouble in Candy-Land

Chapter 1.         The state of affairs here in America

Well, I want you all to know that I am so happy the Great Hall of Mini- Economics sent me to the United States from my hometown of Nottingham, England (or Snotingham as our critics used to call it).
The great mini-hall has sent me over the pond to the mid-west part of the American republic to report on the cultural gestalt here in this state of Michigan.  And I have been employed to write stories about my life here and report back to the Great Hall on politics, the taste of food and beverages and just the over-all mood of the living here in Michigan and probably I will build stories around just what people have on their minds here in Michigan or even stories about what ever words should fall out of their mouths.

And from the moment the lovely Rita and I first set foot in our new home here in America it became very clear that all sorts of politics were brewing here in Michigan and it became clear to me that my first report back to the Great Hall was going to be a political observation story and I am here to report that the presidential election of 2012 is the backdrop for my first report on the cultural gestalt here, in a mini-economical sort of way, and the Great Hall has sent me over here in America to write about the cultural mood of the mid-west part of the country politically, you know, out here and yes it struck me that one could positively begin to imagine that a national election on this large of a scale and in this great nation of America had the potential to make things better for everyone and you would certainly expect that this big of an election effort would reflect a positive difference afterwards to the citizens, you know, once the election was concluded and really for god's sake you would expect that there would be some small satisfaction for the people of the US especially after all of the money that was spent by everyone for everything that you could ever imagine in an American election . . . 

Read the rest of Chapter 1 here!


-- JP

No comments: