Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Personal Needs

I have been asked to evaluate

My needs and to start living

With some purpose & clear traits

 

After deep consideration I have identified my personal needs

Which are As follows:

 

I need to be in Love

I want to always be spun

In the magic of being

Allured by Love

I am willing to sift through

The heartache and outlast

The betrayals of the heart

And soul but I will do this

Only to remain in Love

 

I need to be in Love

 

I need to be able to do my art

At least one hour a day

And to add two or three starts

Over the weekend days

To write or paint or to stare

At paintings of Rembrandt

Are essential needs for my care

 

I also need to watch and listen

To my media of choice

At whatever volume I need for my zen

As long as my love is agreeable

With my personal yen

Being in love with my love is

Still my number one need

 

Being able to eat on a regular

Basis is my next most important need

 

So there you have it my friends

Four needs to satisfy my passions

And to bring to an end

Any misunderstanding about

How to manage and understand

A simple and lovable lout

Like me

 

Charles Grimes

4 comments:

JRH said...

OK A good list, I think. Maybe a great list. Simple and straight-forward enough.

My list might drop media and add warmth (winter is a-coming!!!) and coffee/tobacco.

Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Did you think this satisfied the request about "purpose and clear traits."????

JRH said...

Dreams and Sleep! that knits the ravelled sleeve of care . . . or whatever . . .

JRH said...

oh yeah, and space . . .

drop the food then

the lists gets too needy