Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lori Sez: Look who it is!!!

Not sure what happened. Vets are scratching their heads too.  Maybe the weekly adequan shots from last June to Jan.  Who knows but I am going with it!  A couple months ago he was able to eat hay again, very exciting!  Then my father in law, Harv, grew tons of carrots for the horses this year and about a month ago he tells me how much THAT horse likes carrots.  I said no he cant eat the stuff.  Harv said I was nuts, that guy loved 'em.  So I took a handful and sure enough he gobbled them down! Last summer, fall and winter he couldn't eat much of anything but a mash.  I had only exercised him on the ground since last summer and fall he was not safe to ride since he would fall if his head turned left.  Now I had to get on him!  He is doing great!  THere of course is still a "glitch"  in his range of motion in his head, neck, but he doesn't seem to be in any pain like he was last summer and he sure seems like he is having fun the couple races I took him to!  Could hardly keep him out of the arena!  I am taking it a day at a time, but praying the future holds many more runs for him!  If not I am thankful I at least got a chance to get back on him.  Fingers crossed and not giving up on him again until he tells me he is done!  Thanks Harv!  Lori


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lori! I might have to start eating carrots myself!

Tim

Anonymous said...

Twist it!