Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Julia Is In Greece

I'm here in Greece. I was pooped after traveling all night so have been lazy today. Wanted to go into the nearby town (village on the sea), but didn't make it.

There's wi-fi in the room...! At least sometimes. And for sure in the lobby.

I am feeling much better now - Indonesia and Jakarta are something else. In fact I'm feeling pretty good. I may even go for a swim in the pool.

It's amazing how much this is like Croatia here - cement houses and buildings, lots of stone and concrete, the same plants, cicadas, heat  etc. I guess I said that. And it hot, but the room is air-conditioned - and it's on low so it's not too bad. Normally I don't like AC. There's a small market and fantastic bakery nearby and since I’m on the one-meal-a-day-plan, I can buy cheese and fruit, etc - and those fabulous tomatoes - to eat. (but stuff is expensive – and it seems the taxi ride I’ll need to the airport when I leave will be around $120 . . .

No comments: