Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mr. Big Shot Says "Hoo-ray! Religion!"


My mother took me to summer bible school at the Presbyterian Church in Omak as a social net working activity. I got to know many of the kids my age during those days and I loved watching the movies they would show about the early disciples of Jesus going out to teach the mission of the Holy Spirit. I remember one poignant moment in one of the films where Paul was struck down by God on the road to Damascus and how he was blinded and then became a disciple of Jesus. I loved those period movies with the ancient settings and the donkeys and goats. The women flocking to Jesus were powerful messages of spiritual attraction.

One summer the teachers started a contest where whoever could memorize the chapters of the bible would win a day-glow Jesus sticker. . . (cont.)

(Image stolen from Washington Post online)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no comments that's an outrage. the image of christ and child should have at least got a mention... it's brilliant.

mr big shot

Anonymous said...

I won a bible with my name embossed in gold letters on its cover. 1955, I think it was. I still have it.