Monday, February 15, 2016

Charles Shares: Down in the Furnace Room

DOWN IN THE FURNACE ROOM

 

You know you are right about

my painting studio being warm

down in my furnace room and

you know what...  it is kinda nice

and warm down here in the furnace room

especially when its so frozen outside here

and I have thought once or twice before about

how lucky I am to be painting in a furnace room 

and sometimes and really more than twice I

have dwelled on the 

idea about making Art down here in the furnace

room and I gotta say that really you can 

sometimes do a pretty good job making Art

down in the furnace room though there is

not too much room to move around down here

in the furnace room 

and sometimes I am so physically frustrated  

trying to paint down in the furnace room

and some nights the crazy painter in me

wants to start seriously painting and expressing himself

in this little studio and crazy artist starts pouting

about the cramped space cramping his style

but the practical artist in me takes control like a

yogi in control of his brain waves and practical artist

gains control of the gestalt of me and

you know the artist part of me that drives to the store and buys the brushes

and paints and canvasses for crazy artist

and practical artist thinks about practical stuff

that crazy artist needs

and he actually washes the brushes off with

water and soap over and over again night after night

for less than minimum wage

and you always know that practical artist just wants to just keep

painting and focus on the painting and not the conditions

and he is the one that believes making Art is the only important thing

to do down in the furnace room and the crazy artist type in me

can't wait to move back into the garage painting studio

this coming spring

and that's a pretty cool story too but a different story than 

the furnace room studio story you know and it's not been so bad painting in

such a cramped space right next to the hot water tank

and yeah it hasn't been so miserable

painting in the furnace room which is really 

right next to the laundry room where sometimes

I just turn around while I'm painting and take a break and

Start doing our laundry in the laundry room

Right there next to the furnace room

and you know I think it is much better to be painting in a furnace room

than being laid out in a stone and concrete tomb 

and really that's just my thinking you know

--Charles

No comments: