Friday, November 13, 2015

Old Jere




-------- Original message --------
From slavko Gusić <manjige@gmail.com>
Date: 11/13/2015 04:36 (GMT-08:00)
To jhurd <jhurd@qsoup.net>
Subject Re: p.s.


Jere has passed away, an era of the unique plumber has ended with a stroke, he sat down to the bad, felt a bit dizzy, and died! And he was so afraid of dieing, and such an easy way to go!
I've helped to dress him up last night, along with another neighbour and his son, so we cracked a few jokes as he would appreciated it, I would think so.

P.S.

St.Martin's Day is today, the time to taste a new vine. Custom as they say St.Martin was late for a meeting of some sort because he had a few glasses of vine more than needed!
But we tried ours a two weeks earlier, and I can tell you it's a good and strong vine, hope will preserve some for the time you come over!
230 litres.

1 comment:

dbrute said...

Old Jere was such a great guy. He plumbed our bathroom for us in Milna so that we got indoor plumbing. In recent years, he would walk the harbour in his blue coat and jaunty cap, stopping to talk to everyone. Each year when I would arrive as soon as he saw me he would get a big grin on his face and greet me with "Johnny!" And although he spoke no English would contrive to tell me what was happening and what Slavko was up to! I will miss him.