Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Last Day, Dateline Milna

Last day. Beautiful, sunny, slight breeze: this has been a very good
season for me and a bad season so far for the olive trees. They need
rain to plump the olives.

My house is all tucked in, tho, everything cleaned, covered in plastic
or packed away in the closet with a few mothballs, and if my roof
repairs did any good things should be sound when we return next year.
Water bill paid, electric bill paid. Most good-byes said.

Tomorrow, 10/07, Slavko will drive me in to Supetar and I will catch the
7:45 a.m. ferry to Split, then a 12:20 flight to Vienna. Stay there
overnight at Pension Mozart. Then onwards the next day to Toronto,
Vancouver, Alger!

Today, however, everything is a little sad. Even the palm trees are
waving good-bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you get home, I recommend the Chuck Close documentary if you have not already seen it, quite inspiring...

Charles said...

well at least you have the solace of
your life being in some sort of order

chaz

by the way the palm trees are waving good-bye