Sunday, March 08, 2009

Charles Has a Dream

Last night I dreamt an alternative ending to Spencer's finsih at Western. As the dream progressed Spencer had stopped going to school and was painting wooden commercial buildings (such as the Edison Eye) built in the 1920's and earlier all around Skagit County.
He was living in a Basement apartment and you had asked me to visit with Spencer and convince him to go back to school. As Spencer was showing me around the apartment you and I started to realize that these paintings were incredible and that Spencer was a much more talented painter than designer.
All the while the song "Jeepers Creepers Where'd You Get Those Peepers" was playing loudly as a soundtrack to the dream... it was a classic 1920's Broadway version of the song. I believe there were dancing girls doing the Charleston in Spencer's apartment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that song.